Thursday, May 22, 2008

State of Doh!

In my job, I've learned that it sometimes takes drastic measures or a disaster on any scale to really implement change. With gas prices way above and beyond what we should be paying, I hope automobile makers really wake up and get production moving to make better mileage vehicles – and I'm not implying better mileage Hummers. I'm happy to see SUV and large truck sales plummet....and I hope they continue to do so. They are impracticable for a large number of drivers who own them and I say tax the hell out of the people that own them on grounds for impracticality. I recently went to Ireland and drove a better part of the country and was amazed at how few SUV's were on the roads. The cars were small, and took you where you needed to go. Why can't we do the same here? I also quickly realized that America is a super-sized country. Everything has to big and obnoxious. These things include cars, homes, and even the food on your plate. Note Americas growing obesity rate and obsession with weight loss.

2 comments:

Mama2CadeNicKelleRyleigh said...

Oh ye who used to drive a cherokee...that would be an suv in case you didn't know. also, in case you didn't know, I drive an suv, so I won't be voting for you for president...let's just try and fit my 3 kids, me and Ryan and all our crap in a Smart Car...HA!

Mama2CadeNicKelleRyleigh said...

Oh yeah, and you have a nice BIG new house! Since you think it's big and obnoxious, I'll trade you my little rancher!