Monday, October 27, 2008

Welp.

Life is busy. But good. As a matter of fact, this beer to my right is good as well. And that makes me think about things in general. I catch myself complaining about things far less concerning and when I do..I think about some other schmoe who really has worries. It puts things back into perspective and gets me - on the right track.

Spent a few good days in the woods last weekend. Wifey and I got away for a few days so some solitude alone together was well spent. I was also able to flip a mountain bike, bruising myself up a bit due to some bmx antics or really a random act of stupidity. None the less, it was a flip worth taking as I suddenly realized I'm not 13 anymore. Actually...several of the downhills I took were pretty damn impressive. However, all that really sticks out is me toppling over myself. Smores, fire, deer and the eerie sound of nothingness..try it sometime.

I have a 18month old son and a 13yr old daughter. Wifey is prego and were expecting another in April. We find out boy parts or girl parts next week. It's tough though going from 18month old mindset to a 13yr old "do your homework, the world doesn't revolve around" you type of dad. Times are tricky but keeps you on your toes.

The Jeep and I became one yesterday. A trip to Frederick to visit some friends contributed to more raucous in the woods on a hill side. Until my battery gave way and the Jeep had to be put in neutral and pushed downhill. Explaining this to my wife was not entertaining. Luckily my buddies wife was able to give us a jump..and off we went back up that hill. Life is stupid sometimes.

No comments: