Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just Got Glasses

So I just glasses. After a delayed response of finally acknowledging the fact..my eyes are bad.

This started with me getting an eye exam after I noticed pain in my left eye which felt like a severe headache in my eye. A visit to the eye doctor turned into learning I had Iritis. After some eye steroids/drops the Iritis cleared up and it was back for a normal exam. So now the doctor tells me I have a stigmata..I mean, a astigmatism. ; ) Next stop, LensCrafters.

I tried on about 100 different pairs of glasses and my wife and I finally agreed on a pair that we both liked. I told her she had to come with me since she's the one that has to look at me all the time. Although the doctor told me I just needed to wear them while driving or at a football game etc..I've decided to wear them to work or anytime I'm sitting behind a screen. Contacts were out of the question..I did a brief stint with those..not my thing.

WOW...I can see. It's like I've been living with blinders on the past several years. Unfriggin-believable. My ride to work the other day was as if I'd never driven down Rt 3. Everyone got better looking (ugh, some got worse)and my Call of Duty play may even pick up a bit.

My daughter immediately called me a nerd..four eyes, co-workers think I look intelligent and my wife thinks I'm cute. Finally. I'm just glad my HD looks a lot better now.

No comments: