Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remember When

I posted this on a forum..wanted to share. It's important..haha.

I played in a goofy band in 93-94 with some friends right out of high school. We covered a lot of Pearl Jam. At one show we played 'Daughter' but it was learned from a bad tape someone had given us a copy, of a copy..before VS was released. We thought we were the shit..here's a new Pearl Jam for everyone..really. But we fuck'd it up and that was that.
The Internet has brought some great video's to light from all over. Particularly, songs/videos from bootlegs that I would pay $40 for at Record and Tape Traders. Every weekend was a another trip to that place to see what was in. CD's mostly, stuff from Den Haag(sp?)..'Saying No."..."Pearl Jam Covering Themselves"..eventually Record and Tape traders got busted for selling bootlegs and that was it. Near the last thing I probably got was the Atlanta show. The first time I heard that was rushing home from Blockbuster where I worked at the time so I could tape it. A few days later seeing them for the first time in VA.
Anyhow I was browsing threw the hordes of video's on Youtube tonight and I watched a video and more videos of a show that I have on tape that I had always wished I could see in some way from 91-92.
Gone mostly are the days of having something special that you thought no one else had. Remember the days of rooting down a live version of "Angel"?
It's a good thing though right? Now I don't have time to do any of that searching..thankfully it's a bit easier and with a wife and three kids now..oh and a friggin dog..time flies. My love for Pearl Jam reminds me of how old I am.
I don't know if there was any point to this but I guess if your a bit over thirty then you can relate to some of this. Just wanted to give everyone a group "wow".. We've made it this far.

No comments: