Monday, November 24, 2008

My Dog Jack



This is my dog - Jack. He's a Drent and my pal. Best dog in the world and I thought I would show him off a bit. I've been asked well why this dog? My wife and I were searching for a good family dog, good with kids, demeanor, medium in size. In our searches we kept coming across this breed. After a bit of research we learned how rare they are. At the time, there were only several breeders in the US. A breeder out in New Mexico had puppies and we decided to put our name on "the list". After a quick trip, met some fine people, ate great spaghetti...Jack was ours.

The breed is from the Netherlands, part of the Spaniel family originating from France - Spain. They are primarily used for hunting but make for great family pets. Jack can be a bit stubborn but he's loyal, our shadow and excellent with kids. He loves to run in the field and chase rabbits. This is almost sounding like a personal ad.

No comments: