Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BodyWorlds

So I went to the BodyWorlds exhibit last week at the Baltimore Science Center. I took my 13yr old daughter. The price to get in was around $22 and we were able to get through the exhibit in a little over an hour. I think part of why we got through quicker than others was due to my daughters uneasiness at the exhibit.

The exhibit isn't all just bodies. There are plenty of cases of brains and other organs such as the lungs, heart and intestines. It sounds like something out of a horror movie I know. I tried to mature up a bit while I was there. I couldn't help thinking about a remake of the Ben Stiller flick "Night at the Museum" and what a great horror film "A Night at the BodyWorlds" would be like. Academy Award!

There were plenty of bodies though, arranged in different poses. For example, there were the Ice Skaters, Skateboard Kid, The thinker, the Yoga Lady. Each exhibit had a "name"...I don't recall exactly but they are my descriptions, perhaps because at one moment I did get a bit light headed.

The process that these bodies go through once donated is called "Plastination".

I did take away this though...and that life is short...don't waste it, take care of it, enjoy it, love it and share it with others.

No comments: