Thursday, February 7, 2008

And now it's late

This is exactly what happens anytime you think your going to do something easy. It either takes forever...or well I don't know at this point..it hasn't failed yet.

I'm in the process of moving my Exchange databases over to the SAN. It's one storage group with several Mailbox stores. I'm waiting on the last one to complete. It's only 40 or so gigs. I can see the db files on the SAN drives...but Exchange seems to be taking a long time to wrap things up...I'm seeing errors in the event log but I'm guessing they are just because the store is offline and db/log files are being moved around. I'll wait a bit longer. The little move database clock is going bonkers..it doesn't even know what's happening. Ahh... but the coffee is starting to kick in.

What else happened today at work? I have another big cutover Sunday evening..were going to be load balancing our different Internet paths out to our ISP. This is possible via the use of a product called Fatpipe (seriously).

No comments: