Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wilco

Last night I enjoyed the 1st of a two night Wilco visit at the 9:30 club in DC. John Doe was the opener. Both nights were sold out and it was truly a great show. I was fortunate enough to win a pair tickets from the local Annapolis radio station 103.1 WRNR a month or so ago. The setlist was great..a lot of songs I know and love and a bunch I hadn't heard. My favorite of course is "A shot in the arm".

If your familiar with the band "X" whom John Doe fronted, then seeing him outside of X obviously was a cool experience. He has a new album out. My fav of the night though was New World.

So thats it.. Wilco, John Doe...good stuff. I'm to lazy tonight to post links. You'll have to do your own research. ahh what the hell.

Wilco
John Doe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try WTMD 89.7. They're playlist is full of newer songs you hear before you hear them elsewhere

Anonymous said...

WTMD is a great station. I've been listening for a little over 2yrs now. Their 897 albums of all time was a cool thing to do.

fmr_mgr said...

I like Left of Center on Sirius satellite (channel 26) myself. but, I'm like, 12 years old.