Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Work and more work.

The weekend cutover went well. All networking changes and additions are running smoothly and downtime as promised was kept to a minimum.

On another note, one of my servers crashed. I called Dell and they are shipping me a new drive. However, impatience set in and I found myself at Best Buy purchasing two new drives. I installed them and built a new RAID 1 set. 0 was configured previously. I'll spend a better part of today preparing the rest of the box. Oh where oh where is my VMware ???

Also, one of our db tables became corrupt, so I had to restore and import from a backup. Thats always fun especially when I'm not the dba.

The SAN is running great. Exchange doesn't appear to have any issues and my snapshots are working as expected. Hopefully I can schedule some time to move additional items over to it soon.

No comments: