Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today was ..uhh

A long day..

I worked from home today..and also had to take my son to his belated 9 month appt..he will be 10months in a few days...He got a shot as expected and he let out this scream..now if you don't have kids and are only use to screams from horror movies...a baby's scream is unlike any other. Believe me..I expected it to last a while..but, to my surprise just a few seconds. He's a trooper and in excellent health. He didn't take a nap today - that I know of, so after his bath, I laid him down to bed. We'll see if he makes it through the night.

I managed to get some stuff done today...tomorrow night I plan on moving our Exchange databases to our new EqualLogic SAN.. In a geeky kind of way, I'm excited about it. The storage that we purchased should work well for us...PS300, PS400 and the new PS3700x. The plan is to keep the PS300 and PS3700x at our HQ location which with RAID 50 gives me about 10TB of storage..and the PS400 at our DR location for some replication and backups.. Keep in mind we only have about 2TB total in use today. So Ive been planning for that. We also installed some new switches to connect it all.

MySpace has a new member..yep, I thought in my quest for an online presence, I should do what is necessary..so. We'll see. I'm not sure if I can incorporate this blog into that. I definitely don't want to have to manage two. Either way, I've determined this will be the primary.

The days fly by quick..I don't know where they go sometimes.

No comments: