Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rachael Ray - thank You


This may be a lame post...however, in my attempt to stay in for Valentines Day, I decided to cook. I can only cook a few things well..probably the same few things all guys can cook well...Spaghetti, Lasagna..anything pasta, It's just easy. Noodles..water..sauce..not to hard to ruin.

I decided to get brave, and take the past one step further. Let's skip to pre 2/14...For Christmas I was given a Rachael Ray cookbook with lots O' delicious stuff. I've never even seen the damn show and she's pretty hot. Taking the recipes on is the challenge. One in particular jumped out and I'll post it below. Fast forward to Valentines day, I'm at the grocery store gathering my artillery, all items were accounted for and so I got home and began. Prep work is always the tough part and typically takes the longest. And if your like me, I've got food everywhere..and it took longer to clean everything up but..it turned out really good and I had some leftovers today for lunch. The recipe was for Crab and Corn Chowda-Mac. Absolutely delicious and my wife loved it. A little spicy and next time I may try substituting the cayenne for some Old Bay. Enjoy.

-Chris

No comments: